Consider Updating Your Atlanta Break Room
The workplace including the office break room is changing. After the pendulum swung from everyone working at the office to a dramatic jump in remote employees, the pendulum is settling somewhere in the middle. In addition, Atlanta companies are bringing their employees back to the office in hopes of fostering face-to-face collaboration, inspiring innovation, and increasing productivity. And thankfully, it isn’t back into cubeville or the dark, sparsely decorated break room hidden somewhere at the back of the building. Companies are redesigning their environments to be open, communal areas with spaces designed to promote spontaneous work-related conversations and also increase morale.
One area that is no longer left as an afterthought is the office breakroom. To learn more about what your Atlanta employees need and want, try surveying them. They know what they want. A recent Staples survey found that “83 percent of employees say that a well-stocked breakroom results in happier employees, while 53 percent say that a well-stocked breakroom results in more productive employees.”
In 2018, there are a wide variety of options available including pantry service, café-style coffee service, and the micro-market.
- open concept “mini” store using open shelving, glass-front coolers, and also self-checkout technology
- offers employees the option to read nutrition labels and make educated decisions about what to eat or drink
- highlights the opportunity to make healthy choices
- fresh and nutritious sandwiches, wraps, salads, snacks and beverages, fresh produce, and also yogurt
- includes a wide variety of choices which acknowledge that employees have distinct preferences and unique work schedules
Cafe-Style Coffee Service
- Creates a gourmet coffee-house experience without leaving the office
- Includes a variety of teas and specially sourced coffee beans and locally roasted coffees creating a unique coffee experience
- Uses different brewing systems including single-cup brewers, traditional brewers, and also commercial brewers
- Offers coffee-based alternatives including cold brew and also nitro coffees
- pantry space in your break room with open shelving
- bright glass-front coolers, and displays full of food, snack and also beverage options
- includes a wide variety of choices which acknowledges that employees have distinct preferences and unique work schedules
- often includes a selection of breakfast foods, fresh and nutritious sandwiches, wraps, salads, fresh produce, and yogurt as well as healthy and traditional snacks and beverages
- employers cover the full cost of this benefit allowing employees to focus on other financial responsibilities
Which options will your employees prefer? Think of Southern Refreshment Services as a partner that can help with your Atlanta vending needs through the services that we offer. To learn more about pantry service, cafe-style coffee service, or the micro-market, contact us at 770-939-9299. We look forward to collaborating with you.